What is included:
Airport Pickup and Drop-off (CNX Airport)
Filmmaking workshops with Gene Nagata
Accommodation in a private luxury villa
3 healthy meals a day
A back to nature overnight trip that includes, hikes, waterfalls and elephants
Cultural Tours that will include visits to temples and local villages
A day trip to Doi Inthanon National Park where will be at the highest peak in Thailand
Visits to multiple local and night markets
VIP seats to watch a local Muay Thai (Thai boxing) fight
Travel and Medical Insurance for the full duration of the trip
DAY 1 - Thursday, January 9th
– Check in
– Welcome dinner
DAY 2 - Friday, January 10th
– Workshop with Gene Nagata
– Lunch in town
– A tour of Chiang Mai and a tour of the temples
– Live Muay Thai Fight
DAY 3&4, January 11th - 12th
– A trip the jungle where we will live in a remote Karen village and experience the basic life in the jungle. We will live with the locals and go to their waterfalls, bath and play with their elephants, collect food, learn how to cook traditional Thai food, hike the surrounding mountains and sleep in huts made with bamboo.
– Filmmaking & Youtube talk on the morning of the second day
– Be back in Chiang Mai in the evening of the 12th then go to Sunday Street Markets
DAY 5 - Monday, January 13th
– All day trip to Doi Inthanon National Park
– Lunch on the trip
– Dinner back in Chiang Mai
DAY 5 - Tuesday, January 14th
– Business of filmmaking & building a career. Money talk with Gene!
– Trip to Doi Suthep mountain & temple
– Lunch on the trip
– Dinner & night out
DAY 6 - Wednesday, January 15th
– Free day to relax, explore, shoot some B roll, catch up on some editing
– Evening group session where everyone shares footage & discuss favorite shots
DAY 7 - Thursday, January 16th
*Timetable subject to change depending on weather and other factors
Investment and accommodation:
In order to book a spot on the retreat there will be a downpayment of $500 which will be taken out of the remaining amount. The remaining amount will vary depending on the type of accommodation you chose. The balance will be invoiced to you and will be due 6 weeks prior to the retreat’s start date.
Shared Room (Double Occupancy)
Includes a single bed in a double shared room with its own bathroom.
*Price is per person.
*There will be a $60 fee if paid with card vs bank transfer
Private Room (Single Occupancy)
Includes a double bed and a private bathroom
Share it with a significant other and pay the same rate for double occupancy room
$2200 per person
Deposit to secure your booking is $500 which will count towards your full payment
Full payment is due 6 weeks in advance of the trip
All prices are in $USD, are per person and do not include airfare
Deposit is nonrefundable and required to secure booking. See our terms and conditions for more details
ABOUT GENE NAGATA:
Thanks for stopping by! Most of you know me as Potato Jet on youtube. I started off with a simple camera, an idea, and a willing group of friends to make silly films with me in school. Eventually I knew I wanted a career doing what I love so I started freelancing as a filmmaker. I went around sooting and editing fun jobs, along with some not so fun jobs. While learning and improving every day, I managed to survive out here in LA for the last 12 years just by making videos so I consider myself lucky.
Currently I spend most of my time tangled up in this whole new YouTube world because I really think this is the future but I also maintain my production companies Megalith Digital and Second Light Creative where we continue to create commercial jobs for our clients.